Tuesday, 10 February 2009

formative dum dum duuuum

yes lets throw a little drama into events because it was the formative *puff of smoke*

*chokes* ahem

anyway, were half way through term 2s project (how fast it is going) so it was time for progress check with Jared. We were to be assessed in groups, each evaluating and marking our efforts/achievements along the way based on the journals. We would also be filling out our strengths and weaknesses which would hopefully push us into positive action in the last part of this term. 

Well....i did have to admit there should be more on my blog. I have done more work, I've even written the journals, its just I haven't scanned in my images/sketches etc ready for publish because its easier to get on with the work...my scanners not as good as the ones at college...and...well....you...laaaaaaaaaazzzzyyyyyyy! Dont get me wrong though, I have been working, and I want everything and anything I do posted so there's no mistake that I somehow haven't worked...cos I bloody have innit. I am guilty at times of procrastination because i either fear failure or am too precious about an idea...I should be more relaxed, go with it and learn from what ever happens no matter what the outcome is. I have also found it hard at times to be motivated about this project...I don't know why...I cant pin point a reason...if you said: "sarah...do you care?" OF COURSE I CARE! so its not that...I just at times...flake...need a kick up the backside...you know. When i get into my work...I dont stop though and I also find that a major frustration because it seems to dominate my life....can I go out? no i have work! can u spare 5 minutes? no i have work!! can you let us know your alive? WHAT DID I SAY...I HAVE WORK!? I guess...this is nothing new though and Im sure a lot of people find balancing work and social a problem, its just something Im gonna have to sort out in time. 

Among my strengths though is that Im a good modeler, which I am pleased about but what like to progress my skills further so Im not just "o sarah...shes a good modeler" I still have a target to understand and create good character setups. Animating I will always want to do more of, but I understand it has to take a back seat (is that even a phrase?!) at the moment, to accommodate for other skills in the pipeline to take place such as modeling, rigging, texturing. TEXTURING! Ah another goal of mine to achieve how to UV map and all that...I really only know how to apply a shader and colour or file...not how to do the darn thing properly. Again this will happen when I get to the stage in production. 

As for now I have a few things to sort out with my model after discussions with Jamie. I was very grateful for his time and opinion though at times could not entirely see his point. He said there needs to be more divisions in my model so i don't depend so much on the smooth. However, he said there were not enough vertices within my characters face...I however disagree, i think there are enough sufficient for blend shapes, there perhaps needs to be slightly a few more to bring out the features such as the nose. He commented that my characters face looked more CG than claymation which I do agree to some extent but then i was thinking more CG at the time of design rather than claymation. I still have the wallace and gromit style eyes and ears, perhaps the mouth and face itself require some tweaking which i will have a look at over the next couple of days HOWEVER i would like to wrap up the modeling by the end of this week as A. time is pressing and B. im getting bored of it and wish to move onto the next stage. I asked a few members of the group their opinion on my characters face and they gave me some helpful suggestions. Thanks guys.

Back to the formative.

My weaknesses are surprise surprise that I am harsh on myself...own worst enemy blah blah blah heard it all before. I still really don't know what to do about that apart from GET ON WITH IT (monty python styleeee)  and hopefully I will just appreciate what I do....if I don't...someone can just run me over in the car park or Jared can hit me with that great big shoe boot thing of his. Other than that, I need to manage my time better and implement some sort of schedule to keep me organized and to make sure I utilize my time the best I can for the last half of this term. As Jared said...I can work, I can work hard....I just need to...do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment