I will be working individually on project brief C: Character Design and will be designing, modelling, rigging and animating the character of Pocahontas Billiams reflecting the traditional style of "claymation" in 3d. However, I have slightly altered her characteristics by removing the "more relaxed" part of her character...the rest stays the same. She is curious, playful, sweet, innocent little girl. Although this is no longer a live project brief, i would like to tackle it as if dealing with a client.
Ok so there's a nice little outline of the kind of character I want to portray, don't want to tie her down too much and see where the design/animating takes me. I do like the characters given I just thought the word "relaxed" in Pocahntas's character seemed a bit restricting.
The two areas Im focusing on are modeling/rigging and character animation for this project as I would like to continue my practice in character animation as well as challenge myself by learning character setup. After events such as industry day and speaking to those in industry, its become clear the more strings to my bow, the more i can offer a company and therefore be more likely to gain work. Character rigging is something I've wanted to tackle for a while now as its a shame we never got to fully learn it in our first year so now heres the perfect opportunity to.

No comments:
Post a Comment