Sunday, 25 January 2009

Glen Keane

I've been attending the first years life drawing sessions to get back into the swing of drawing again...having no had a lesson since 1st year (the maquettes class clashed with my groups sessions last term) I feel I'm very much in need of some practise to help with my quick sketches for getting my character designed as well as for when thumb-nailing my story for the animation. How are they going? weeeeeell not very well at the moment but Im slowly getting back into the swing of it. 

Anyway whilst tutoring, Dan Dalli showed the first years some storyboards from Disney's Tarzan completed by Glen Keane. As you can see from my images below these are quickly established sketches but they capture so much in terms of pose and emotion between the two characters of Jane and Tarzan, we instantly know whats going on in this scene just from flicking through. 

I've included a few boards from the scene on here so you can see what I mean, might be helpful for posing your characters. There are loads of boards in the sequence (really fantastic drawings if I havent stressed it enough already!) so Ive just posted a few on here but if anyone would like the PDF to look at just ask.







No comments:

Post a Comment